Quality Gate 6200 Series
Digital 100% in-line inspection of car bodies and underbodies.
Digital multi-camera measurement
- Fully digital software-based solution: The measurement doesn’t involve robots or moving parts that limit accuracy and speed
- Measurement self-diagnosis through multi-camera correlation
- One single linear and orthogonal coordinate system
Fastest in-line measurement with verified results
Mapvision produces measurement data that has been verified by internal multi-camera correlation. Use valid data to make adjustments with confidence.
Our fully-digital technology doesn’t involve mechanics in measurement. The absence of mechanics means faster measurement, better accuracy and more stable calibration than any other technology.
Each measurement point is observed by multiple cameras. This allows the system to ensure the accuracy of each measurement by checking the coherence of the camera observations.
We are the first company to make this technology work for industrial in-line inspection.
- Typically 60 seconds in automatic operation
Number of inspected features
- As many as you need, typically 50 – 300 features
- All features of every body are inspected within line cycle time
- Repeatability: typically +/- 0.02 mm with real production parts
- System capability is verified with MSA Type-1 and Type-2/3 studies, using production parts
- Measurement self-diagnosis through multi-camera correlation calculations
Maximum size of measured part
- Can accommodate any standard car or SUV body in white
- 6.9 x 3.8 m (Measured car body length up to 5500 mm)
- 4.5 x 3.8 m (Measured car body length up to 3800 mm)
- Custom sizes are available
- Normal concrete factory floor, no special foundation required
- 3D measurement with x, y and z data on each feature, including position measurement of weld studs
- Calculation of angles, distances, etc.
- Surface and edge point measurement with light projection
- Component presence checks, e.g. clip nuts
Products to be inspected
- Body in white
- Body modules, underbodies
- Other large components like ladder frames
Our hardware consists of a computer, a static camera system, a camera frame and an illumination system. That’s it.
The enclosure can be designed to accommodate any product. Typically, the 6200 Series systems are installed around a conveyor system and connected to line automation.
Mapvision measurement is software-based, so the required system hardware is quite simple and robust – no need for robots or special foundations.
The system’s simplicity makes it vibration and temperature resistant, as demonstrated by numerous Quality Gate system installations in real factory conditions.