Are you our next brilliant Software Developer?
Have you never heard about Mapvision? Well, the majority have not, so don’t worry. We are in the beginning of our journey on conquering the world of measurement technology and therefore we cannot keep ourselves and our unique technology a secret anymore. Our projects range from real-time analytics, 3D CAD and machine vision to deep learning and closed-loop robotics. Our products are building blocks for Industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing. We enable next-generation zero-waste production and transitioning to electric vehicles. If you get excited about Windows desktop development using .NET, C# and C++, wish to see the results of your output and love to work with a team of talented, innovative and cheerful people, we just might be what you are looking for!
What is the software team like and what do we do?
The software team consists of 16 professionals and that work with our different software components for hardware interface and running the measurement, lights and cameras, for data analysis and for CAD simulation. The team members have a wide range of opportunities to work and grow based on their interests and abilities. While we work in small teams, we have a low hierarchy, and the capability for independent working is appreciated. Our projects are organized in a Scrum- and Kanban-inspired way, splitting work into epics and user stories. We work mainly with Windows desktop using Microsoft technologies, including WPF and WinForms but we also have our head in the Cloud while working with our AI solutions.
In this role, you will develop software for automotive industry quality control systems. Mapvision’s multi-camera technology digitalizes traditional mechanical measuring tasks by utilizing machine vision, 3D CAD technology and photogrammetry. In addition to CAD tools, we provide our customers with a complete result analysis suite. All of our software is developed for Windows desktop using Microsoft technologies, including WPF and WinForms.
Our hopes for you as a Mapvisionary
We welcome you as you are, because our team is diverse, multicultural and filled with different personalities. What we need is a person who has a solid background in software development with experience in the technologies we use and a suitable mindset to work towards common goals together with their team.
The must-have skillset, which is essential for the daily work:
- 3+ years of experience in C# and possibly C++/CLI .NET development as these are our core technologies
- Experience and interest in developing .NET Windows desktop software, including user interface design, preferably in WPF or WinForms
- Experience in working with databases, preferably PostgreSQL and/or SQLite
If, in addition to the aforementioned, you have some experience and interest in the following technologies, we would be thrilled:
- Data analysis and visualization
- Algorithm design
- 3D CAD
- Unit testing and test automation
Mapvision is on a mission to visualize quality for agile manufacturing. We offer you the possibility of working in a growing organization with a future-proof technology ready to take over the world. As part of the Mapvision team, you will get to experience a truly international growth company with colleagues from various backgrounds, with offices in Finland, the US, Germany & Czech Republic, and customers worldwide. As our technology combines both software and hardware, you can take a tour of our assembly facilities any time you are at the office and see the software in action!
Besides the above mentioned, we also offer you
- The team and other Mapvisionaries as colleagues - Just amazing!
- Flexibility and trust – For example, we have a flexible remote work policy for you to arrange your work the way you feel is best for you
- Great office environment- If you wish to work at the office, our office is in Konala in newly renovated premises with indoor parking, gym & basketball court, and good connections
- Support and opportunities for self-development
- Regular Dev Days and other company events
- Extensive health care and -insurance
- International culture
- Competitive salary
- Lunch and recreational benefit
We got your attention? Excellent, here is what you should do next:
1. Apply with your LinkedIn profile and CV. Please mention your salary request, possible GitHub (or similar) profile and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
2. Hang in there! We will read your application and contact you as soon as possible. If we see you have the potential to be our next Mapvisionary, we’ll set up the first interview with you. During this interview, you will get to know our company, team and role even better.
The next steps after the first interview in our recruitment process include a coding exercise where you can amaze us with your skills, and a team interview where you have the opportunity to meet and chat with your potential future colleagues.
Want to learn more about us and chat with one of our Mapvisionaries already before applying? Our Head of Software will be there for you (email: email@example.com).