Robotics Simulator Software Developer
What is Mapvision? Well, we are the eyes of smart factories. But we are also a group of awesome, talented and motivated people ready to change the world. Now we are looking to strengthen our Software team with a Robotics Simulator Software Developer in our headquarters in Helsinki.
What does a Robotics Simulator Software Developer do?
In this role you are the key person developing CAD & simulation tools to support a new manufacturing paradigm where handling and welding robots are working based on the real-time feedback from our machine vision system. Your playground is the simulation environment with multiple robots, cameras and lights, and you job is to develop the tools which are used to plan and design the assembly sequence and the measurement of the parts. This is why experience with basic concepts of industrial robots (such as setting up coordinate systems and transformations) is a strength for this role. While this is a software development role, there are opportunities to get involved with the test site and the actual hardware.
What is the software team like and what do we do?
The software team consists of 16 professionals and that work with our different software components for hardware interface and running the measurement, lights and cameras, for data analysis and for CAD simulation. The team members have a wide range of opportunities to work and grow based on their interests and abilities. While we work in small teams, we have a low hierarchy, and the capability for independent working is appreciated.
Our projects range from real-time analytics, 3D CAD and machine vision to deep learning and closed-loop robotics. Our products are building blocks for Industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing. We enable next-generation zero-waste production and transitioning to electric vehicles. We work mainly with Windows desktop using Microsoft technologies, including WPF and WinForms but we also have our head in the Cloud while working with our AI solutions.
Our hopes for you as a Mapvisionary
We welcome you as you are because our team is diverse, multicultural and filled with different personalities. What we need is a person who has a solid background in software development with experience in the technologies we use and a suitable mindset to work towards common goals together with their team.
The must-have skillset, which is essential for the daily work:
- Experience in C# and possibly C++/CLI .Net development as these are our core technologies
- Experience and interest in developing .Net Windows desktop software, including user interface design, preferably in WPF or WinForms
- 3D CAD experience (industrial, game engine, Unity etc.) is essential as it is one of the key technologies in the Robotics Simulator Software Developer
If, in addition to the aforementioned, you have some experience and interest in the following technologies, we would be thrilled:
- Industrial robots
- Data analysis and visualization
- UI design and implementation for your work
- Experience in working with databases, preferably PostgreSQL and/or SQLite
- Testing and test automation
Mapvision is on a mission to visualize quality for agile manufacturing. We offer you the possibility of working in a growing organization with a future-proof technology ready to take over the world. As part of the Mapvision team, you will get to experience a truly international growth company with colleagues from various backgrounds, with offices in Finland, the US, Germany & Czech Republic, and customers worldwide. As our technology combines both software and hardware, you can take a tour of our assembly facilities any time you are at the office and see the software in action!
Besides the above mentioned, we also offer you
- The team and other Mapvisionaries as colleagues - Just amazing!
- Flexibility and trust – For example, we have a flexible remote work policy for you to arrange your work the way you feel is best for you
- Great office environment- If you wish to work at the office, our office is in Konala in newly renovated premises with indoor parking, gym & basketball court and good connections
- Support and opportunities for self-development
- Regular Dev Days and other company events
- Extensive health care and -insurance
- International culture
- Competitive salary
- Lunch and recreational benefit
We got your attention? Excellent, here is what you should do next:
1. Apply with your LinkedIn profile and CV. Please mention your salary request, possible GitHub (or similar) profile and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
2. Hang in there! We will read your application and contact you as soon as possible. If we see you have the potential to be our next Mapvisionary, we’ll set up the first interview with you. During this interview, you will get to know our company, team and role even better.
The next steps after the first interview in our recruitment process include a coding exercise where you can amaze us with your skills and a team interview where you have the opportunity to meet and chat with your potential future colleagues.
Want to learn more about us and chat with one of our Mapvisionaries already before applying? Our Head of Software will be there for you (email: email@example.com).