We are in the beginning of our journey on conquering the world of measurement technology and therefore we cannot keep ourselves and our unique technology a secret anymore. We are Mapvision and our mission is to be the eyes of smart factories. Our products are building blocks for Industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing. Today we mostly operate in the automotive industry. To succeed in our mission, we are looking for a Project Manager to strengthen our Project Management and Engineering team. The location for this position is our US office in Blue Ash, Cincinnati.
What does a Project Manager do?
In this role, you have the overall ownership of your customer projects, from order to acceptance. You are the key person in terms of customer experience, quality, timeline and profitability of your projects. Leading the project and the project team and managing the milestones and key deliverables are in short what this role is all about. Active communication with your customers and internally is essential in this role and you will work closely with multiple teams here at Mapvision, such as our sales, software and mechanical design teams just to name a few.
What is the team like and what do we do?
The Project management and engineering team consists currently of four project managers and six project engineers working in Europe. The team works closely together with our mechanical design, assembly and other stakeholders to ensure successful customers delivery projects. The team members have a wide range of opportunities to work and grow based on their interests and abilities. While we work in small teams, we have a low hierarchy, and the capability for independent working is appreciated. In Cincinnati office you have eight colleagues working in service operations.
While Project Engineers focus on designing the virtual setup and doing hands-on tasks in the assembly site, Project Managers ensure our products are built according to the customer specifications and as planned – to make this happen active communication and cooperation with the customer and our teams internally is a key part of the role.
Our hopes for you as a Mapvisionary
We welcome you as you are, because our team is diverse, multicultural and filled with different personalities. You can be in an early phase in your career or have already gained some years of experience, but more importantly you have the right mindset with potential to learn and grow to the role. You can have experience from project management or other technical expert roles.
Skills essential for the daily work:
- Project management skills especially in delivery projects: planning, creating timelines, managing quality, costs and risks
- Good communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing are essential, as you will work closely with our customers as well as stakeholders internally and externally.
- Systematic approach and ability to put things into perspective
- Ability to coordinate the daily work of a small team and to plan ahead
- From the technical perspective, we see as an advantage if you are familiar with basics of mechanical engineering, photogrammetry and optical measurement
- Experience from industrial production environments, as understanding the customer processes is an advantage for this role.
- Experience in leading teams is appreciated, and especially if you have had the chance to lead virtual or remote teams.
Mapvision is on a mission to visualize quality for agile manufacturing, and we offer you the possibility to work in a growing organization with a future-proof technology ready to take over the world. As part of the Mapvision team, you will get to experience a truly international growth company with colleagues from various backgrounds, with offices in Finland, the US, Germany & Czech Republic, and customers worldwide. As our technology is combining both software and hardware, you can take a tour of our assembly facilities any time you are at the office and also see the software in action!
Besides the above mentioned, we also offer you
- A relaxed and flexible working environment with great colleagues and no micro-management.
- Local benefits such as 401K with company Match, medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability coverage
- Support and opportunities for self-development
- International culture with colleagues globally
- Compensation based on the skills and experience of the chosen candidate as well as the defined responsibilities and job level based on the organization's career leveling.
We got your attention? Excellent, here is what you should do next:
1. Apply by 23.5. with your LinkedIn profile and CV. Please mention your salary request, and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
2. Hang in there! We will read your application and contact you as soon as possible. If we see you have the potential to be our next Mapvisionary, we’ll set up the first interview with you. During this interview you will get to know our company, team and role even better.
The next step after the first interview in our recruitment process is a team interview where you have the opportunity to meet and chat with your potential future colleagues.
Want to learn more about us and chat with one of our Mapvisionaries already before applying? Our Director for the Project management and engineering team Tuuli Aaltonen is there for you! You can send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mapvision is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.