Lead Software Developer
Mapvision is looking for a Lead Software Developer to join a talented software development team in Helsinki. In this role you will be in charge of developing software for automotive industry quality control systems. Mapvision’s multi-camera technology digitalizes traditional measuring tasks by utilizing machine vision, 3D CAD technology and photogrammetry. The software is developed for Windows desktop using .NET tools. The software team consists of 16 professionals and it is divided around three software components.
As a Lead Software Developer you will take ownership of one software component by leading the architectural design, planning and guiding the technical implementation and providing support for other team members. You will participate in development activities by making technical decisions, roadmapping projects with product management, selecting items for the sprints and contributing to hands-on software development independently as the situation requires. In the Lead position, you will also work with different stakeholders for example by communicating with Mapvision’s other functions, handling customer inquiries and owning the user feedback channel related to the software component.
We are looking for a person with a solid background in software development. To succeed in this role you need to have a strong skill base in industrial C++ programming and .NET framework with C#. In general, you possess a good knowledge of modern software best practices and readiness to work independently. We hope you are eager to take ownership of the software development’s technical side but also carry responsibility beyond your own work. As a person, you have a proactive and self-driven attitude and willingness to guide others by sharing knowledge and support.
What we can offer?
- A position with high impact on a unique solution with strongly growing market demand
- Opportunity to utilize your technical skills, take ownership and grow as a mentor
- Start-up minded and international environment with low hierarchy
- Flexible company culture and freedom to organize your own work with no micro-management
- Extensive employment benefits such as private health care, ergonomic and customized workstations, remote work possibility, regular in-house training and events, market rate salary and yearly bonus plans
As an ideal candidate you have:
- Solid skill base in C++ and C#/.NET framework
- Eagerness to take responsibility for a software component
- Excellent collaboration skills and willingness to mentor other team members
- Proactive and self-driven mindset
- Proficiency in English
Sounds like you?Use LinkedIn easy applyAND send us your cover letter to email@example.com. Please mention your salary request, possible GitHub (or similar) profile and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact our Head of Software Tommi Martela, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We start to review applications already during the application period and hire the right people straight away, so apply already today!