We are looking for an Illumination and CAD Expert to join our software team located in Helsinki, Finland.
What does an Illumination and CAD Expert do?
In this role, you are the driving force of the development projects related to illumination and light projectors used in our measuring systems. A key aspect of this project is to develop a programmable light pattern projector, which enables added flexibility with complex and frequently changing part geometries. In this role, you are expected to have one foot firmly in reality by being hands on with the illumination and projector hardware and your other foot in our 3D CAD simulator, where the behavior of the said hardware should be modeled and appropriate design tools implemented.
What does Mapvision do and what is the team like?
Mapvision’s multi-camera technology digitalizes traditional mechanical measuring tasks by utilizing machine vision, 3D CAD technology and photogrammetry. In this role, you will develop CAD software used in designing our quality control system for the automotive industry as part of our software team. Our software team consists of 16 professionals, and it is divided around three software components. The team members have a wide range of opportunities to work based on their interests and abilities. While we work in small teams, we have low hierarchy and capability for independent working is appreciated.
What we are looking for?
The chosen Illumination and CAD Expert will play a key role in developing our 3D CAD and Image Processing software suite to provide new and improved workflows for our customers. The ideal candidate loves learning new things but has also gathered a few years of work experience already.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- At least a few years of experience in C# or C++/CLI .Net development
- Experience and interest in developing .Net Windows desktop software, including user interface design, preferably in WPF or WinForms
- Several years of Windows 2D/3D graphics programming, such as Industrial visualization, 3D CAD and 2D / 3D image processing
- Experience in embedded development
We appreciate if you have a command of some combination of the following skills:
- Data analysis and visualization
- Hardware design
- Algorithm design
- PostgreSQL databases
- Unit testing and test automation
What can we offer?
- A position with high impact on a unique solution with strongly growing market demand
- Possibility to combine your software skills and hardware interest
- Opportunity to utilize your technical skills and take ownership
- Start-up minded and international environment with low hierarchy
- Flexible company culture and freedom to organize your own work with no micro-management
- Extensive employment benefits such as private health care, ergonomic and customized workstations, remote work possibility, regular in-house training and events, market rate salary and yearly bonus plans
How to proceed?
We hire the right people straight away, so apply today by using LinkedIn Easy Apply. Remember to include a cover letter with salary request and a possible starting date in your application documents.
If you have any questions about the job or our company, please contact our Head of Software Tommi Martela firstname.lastname@example.org.