Embedded Software Developer
We are looking for an Embedded Software Developer to join our software team located in Helsinki, Finland.
What does an Embedded Software Developer do?
In this role, you are the driving force of the development projects related to light projectors and the illumination setup used in our measuring systems. A key aspect of this project is to develop a programmable light pattern projector, which enables added flexibility with complex and frequently changing part geometries. In this role, you are expected to have one foot firmly in reality by being hands-on with the illumination and projector hardware and your other foot in our 3D CAD simulator, where the behavior of the said hardware should be modeled and appropriate design tools implemented.
What does Mapvision do and what is the team like?
Mapvision’s multi-camera technology digitalizes traditional mechanical measuring tasks by utilizing machine vision, 3D CAD technology, and photogrammetry. In this role, you will develop CAD software used in designing our quality control system for the automotive industry as part of our software team.
You will be part of our software team, which consists of 16 professionals, and it is divided into three software components. The team members have a wide range of opportunities to work based on their interests and abilities. While we work in small teams, we have a low hierarchy, and the capability for independent working is appreciated. As an Embedded software developer, you will be working closely with our hardware team as well as other teams and stakeholders.
What we are looking for?
The chosen Embedded Software Developer will play a key role in developing our embedded hardware systems according to industry standards to ensure future scalability and to provide new and improved workflows for our customers. The ideal candidate loves learning new things but has also gathered a few years of work experience already. We appreciate experience from carrying out independent work responsibilities or projects while also working smoothly together with your team and other stakeholders.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- Ability to program in C/C++ and readiness to moving into C# in a desktop environment as you will work closely with the Software & RTD team with various projects
- Experience in embedded development and working with hardware design and development
- Interest and experience in developing .Net Windows desktop software, including user interface design, preferably in WPF or WinForms are considered as an advantage
- Experience in automation testing to test the ability of implemented interfaces
- A basic understanding of photogrammetric principles from previous work experience or studies
- Experience with Windows 2D/3D graphics programming, such as Industrial visualization, 3D CAD, and 2D / 3D image processing are considered as an advantage
What can we offer?
Mapvision is on a mission to visualize quality for agile manufacturing, and we offer you the possibility to work with a future-proof technology ready to take over the world in an interesting industry. As part of the Mapvision team, you will get to experience a truly international growth company with colleagues from various backgrounds, offices in Finland, the US, Germany & Czech Republic, and customers worldwide.
As part of the Mapvision team, we will offer you
- Possibility to combine your software skills with hardware interest and take ownership of development projects impacting the future of our Quality Gates.
- Start-up minded and international environment with low hierarchy
- Flexible company culture and freedom to organize your own work with no micro-management
- Extensive employment benefits such as private health care, ergonomic and customized workstations, remote work possibility, regular in-house training and events, market-rate salary, and yearly bonus plans
How to proceed?
Apply today by using LinkedIn Easy Apply. Remember to indicate your salary request, possible GitHub (or similar) profile and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
We review applications as they arrive and hire the right people straight away, so apply already today! If you have any questions about the job or our company, please contact our Head of Software Tommi Martela email@example.com.