Embedded Software Developer
We are looking for an Embedded Software Developer to join our software team located in Helsinki, Finland.
What does an Embedded Software Developer do?
In this role, you are the driving force of development projects involving both hardware and software. The hardware in question can be for example cameras, lights, projectors or different industrial modules and PLCs. One currently active project involves developing a programmable light pattern projector, which enables added flexibility when measuring complex and frequently changing part geometries. Factory integration is another topic where something is always going on. This will give you an opportunity to work with modern Industry 4.0 standards and protocols.
What does Mapvision do and what is the team like?
Mapvision’s multi-camera technology digitalizes traditional mechanical measuring tasks by utilizing machine vision, 3D CAD technology, and photogrammetry. In this role, you will develop embedded software that makes the physical part of our solution work in demanding factory conditions.
You will be part of our software team, which consists of 20 professionals who are divided among three software components. The team members have a wide range of opportunities to work based on their interests and abilities. While we work in small teams, we have low hierarchy, and the capability for independent work is appreciated. As an Embedded software developer, you will be working closely with our hardware team as well as other teams and stakeholders.
What we are looking for
The chosen Embedded Software Developer will play a key role in developing our embedded hardware systems according to industry standards to ensure future scalability and to provide new and improved capabilities for our customers. The ideal candidate loves learning new things but has also gathered a few years of work experience already. We appreciate experience from carrying out independent work responsibilities or projects while also working smoothly together with your team and other stakeholders. Ideally, you like to test things in the physical world and tinker a little bit, instead of just working on the code.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- Ability to program in C/C++. Readiness of moving into C# is a bonus
- Experience in embedded development and working with hardware design and development
- Interest and experience in developing .NET Windows desktop software, including user interface design, preferably in WPF or WinForms are considered as an advantage
- Experience in some type of industrial automation and interfaces between different hardware systems
- Experience in testing software and hardware
- A basic understanding of photogrammetric principles, machine vision or optical systems is a bonus
What can we offer?
Mapvision is on a mission to visualize quality for agile manufacturing, and we offer you the possibility to work with a future-proof technology ready to take over the world in an interesting industry. We are part of the electric vehicle and zero waste transformation. As part of the Mapvision team, you will get to experience a truly international growth company with colleagues from various backgrounds, offices in Finland, the US, Germany & Czech Republic, and customers worldwide.
As part of the Mapvision team, we will offer you
- Possibility to combine your software skills with hardware interest and take ownership of development projects impacting the future of our Quality Gates.
- Start-up minded and international environment with low hierarchy
- Flexible company culture and freedom to organize your own work with no micro-management
- Extensive employment benefits such as private health care, ergonomic and customized workstations, remote work possibility, regular in-house training and events, market-rate salary, and yearly bonus plans
How to proceed?
Apply today by using LinkedIn Easy Apply. Remember to indicate your salary request, possible GitHub (or similar) profile and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
We review applications as they arrive and hire the right people straight away, so apply already today! If you have any questions about the job or our company, please contact email@example.com