What is Mapvision? Well, we are the eyes of smart factories. But we are also a group of awesome, talented and motivated people ready to change the world. Now we are looking to strengthen our Software team with a Data Engineer in our headquarters in Helsinki.
What does a Data Engineer do?
In this role, you will have the chance to participate in one of our interesting R&D projects and you will be a key player in this development team. As a Data Engineer, you will be developing the machine learning data process pipeline and maintaining the data infrastructure. Data processing including cleaning data land loading that to the model as well as developing tools for data collection and processing are part of your daily tasks.
What is the software team like and what do we do?
The software team consists of 16 professionals and that work with our different software components for hardware interface and running the measurement, lights and cameras, for data analysis and for CAD simulation. As a Data Engineer, you will be working together with a developer working on the machine learning model in the development project at hand. The team members have a wide range of opportunities to work and grow based on their interests and abilities. While we work in small teams, we have a low hierarchy, and the capability for independent working is appreciated.
Our projects range from real-time analytics, 3D CAD and machine vision to deep learning and closed-loop robotics. Our products are building blocks for Industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing. We enable next-generation zero-waste production and transitioning to electric vehicles. We work mainly with Windows desktop using Microsoft technologies, including WPF and WinForms but we also have our head in the Cloud while working with our AI solutions.
Our hopes for you as a Mapvisionary
We welcome you as you are because our team is diverse, multicultural and filled with different personalities. What we need is a person who has a solid background in software development with experience in the technologies we use and a suitable mindset to work towards common goals together with their team. We hope you are enthusiastic to learn and curious about exploring previously unknown territories as your role will be focusing on future-oriented technologies.
We expect you to have good combination of the following skills:
- At least a few years of experience with Python
- Experience with libraries for data analysis, e.g. Pandas, NumPy
- Some experience with ML platforms, e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn
- Cloud services, e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP
- REST APIs
- Extract-Transform-Load procedures using image-based data
- Data cleaning and dataset assembly
- Data processing automation and tool development
- Data analysis and visualization
- Experience with Windows development using .NET C#
- SQL databases, e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
- Good command of English, as it is our working language
- Knowledge in Photogrammetry is considered an advantage.
Mapvision is on a mission to visualize quality for agile manufacturing, and we offer you the possibility to work in a growing organization with a future-proof technology ready to take over the world. As part of the Mapvision team, you will get to experience a truly international growth company with colleagues from various backgrounds, with offices in Finland, the US, Germany & Czech Republic, and customers worldwide. As our technology is combining both software and hardware, you can take a tour of our assembly facilities any time you are at the office and also see the software in action!
Besides the above mentioned, we also offer you
- The team and other Mapvisionaries as colleagues - Just amazing!
- Flexibility and trust – For example we have a flexible remote work policy for you to arrange your work the way you feel is best for you
- Great office environment- If you wish to work at office, our office is in Konala in newly renovated premises with indoor parking, gym & basketball court and good connections
- Support and opportunities for self-development
- Regular Dev Days and other company events
- Extensive health care and -insurance
- International culture
- Competitive salary
- Lunch and recreational benefit
We got your attention? Excellent, here is what you should do next:
1. Apply with your LinkedIn profile and CV. Please mention your salary request, possible GitHub (or similar) profile and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
2. Hang in there! We will read your application and contact you as soon as possible. If we see you have the potential to be our next Mapvisionary, we’ll set up the first interview with you. During this interview, you will get to know our company, team and role even better.
We will fill the role once we find a suitable candidate. The next steps after the first interview in our recruitment process include a coding exercise where you can amaze us with your skills and a team interview where you have the opportunity to meet and chat with your potential future colleagues.
Want to learn more about us and chat with one of our Mapvisionaries already before applying? Our Head of Software will be there for you (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).